Tuesday, April 16, 2019

What's Better Than a Snow Day?

A cold, rainy day. Perfect for quilting.

Here's what was happening in my neck of the woods.

Hazel was doing her Kilroy impression

She seemed to do that a lot yesterday. As seen below as well.

The Selvage Quilt
I attached the lattice portion of the top and then started setting up for the the next round. I worked on this after I worked on the Steam Punk quilt for one of my customers.

Prior to working on the Steam Punk piece, 21 Churn Dash blocks for the Long Time Gone top were completed. 

Steam Punk
Before quilting a quilt for a customer, research is done on line to see what some other quilting motifs have been done on that particular pattern. This one had virtually nothing out there to go by so I'm putting in what I think the design calls for. The customer of this quilt trusts my judgement and gave me carte blanc to put into it. 

I'm delivering another customer quilt in a few minutes and then I'll be coming back to Steam Punk later this morning. Today will probably be much of the same as yesterday since our spring rains are giving me the go ahead to forage on with my studio work; at least for today anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family

Ya can't pick family can ya? A very disconcerting conversation with my father yesterday left me in kind of  a funk. It's a good thin...