Tuesday, April 30, 2019

The Beast

I've put some pretty big quilts on the frame before. I think the biggest was around 108" square. This new one tops them all. At a whopping 115" square, it wins the prize.

I've on again-off again worked on this top since receiving it Thursday, and have barely dented the work needed in it. Yesterday was a good 6-hour stint and I only rolled it once. And it wasn't a complete roll since the appliqué is vertical.

The Beast
The rest of the weekend was spent looking for a new friend for Hazel. With no luck. It seems pit bulls are the breed of choice lately, and we just aren't wanting to go there. I have NOTHING against pits. I love all dogs. But with the plethora of breeds to choose from, they aren't my particular favorite to look at, nor do I really know that much about the breed itself.

We will continue our search. But Hazel certainly enjoys car rides with mom and dad.

Going bye-bye
Since the weather is supposed to be mostly yucky through until Friday, I guess I'm going to continue chipping away at this beautifully pieced top for my customer. It's a pleasure to work on, and the extra time spent putting in the quilting detail in will enhance the time the customer herself put into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family

Ya can't pick family can ya? A very disconcerting conversation with my father yesterday left me in kind of  a funk. It's a good thin...