Wednesday, May 1, 2019

April Showers and all that Jazz

Our winter in central northern Michigan is giving a hard fight this year. Last year we literally went from winter to summer in about 10 days. I think we are headed that way again this year. But we have thunder here, so long arming is out until this blows over.

Since it's (already) May 1st, today I'll work on my Leah Day Friendship blocks. This is number six, and a little less intense than the previous two months (thank you Leah).

Yesterday, as well as spending six hours at the long arm, I worked on my Selvedge quilt for a bit while the neighbor was having his lifts put into the lake and watching one of the workers fall into that freezing water with his waders on (which promptly filled completely up). Brrr! The quilt has a total of nine rounds of borders after the center section and last night was number six (again with the sixes).

Border six of nine (with Hazel assisting)
I've already started mocking up the quilting on my iPad and with all the negative space, it's going to quilt out so beautifully. I'm just as excited to quilt it as I am building it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ever Wonder?

I am thankful every day for the life I have. I'm truly blessed to have the greatest family and friends... Missing Andrew who had to take...