Friday, May 3, 2019

The Sun! Finally!

It was a gloomy start to the morning but now the sun decided it had had enough hiding. Great weather (because it's still in the 40's) to long arm today.

Not much long arming yesterday. Mom and I spent the day bumming around Pinconning so the only work done on The Beast was prior to mom showing up (around 10:00). Today will be used to make up for the lost time.

Once mom did leave, however, I did another block on the Long Time Gone top. I'm up to the Pineapple Log Cabin blocks. 5 1/2" unfinished with 37 pieces in each. Here are the first three of 16 needed.

Pineapple Log Cabins for the Long Time Gone Top
I had been using my big Janome to piece them, but then thought, 'I have my new little HQ Stitch that could be set on the cutting table, thus eliminating a lot of walking (or tripping in my case) around the studio.' It worked like a dream! This was my first time using it, and BTW, Caleb and Ben named her Lilo.

I snagged a selfie Pic of Hazel and I, so here's a good laugh for anybody interested.

Almost eight months old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...