Friday, May 10, 2019

A Little of This, A Little of That

Yesterday began with long arming, since the electricity decided to stay on and my thread came in the mail. The "Beast" is finished. The pattern is one of Edyta Sitar's that was offered as a BOM through The Quilt Show. It's called The Patchwork Barn and the customer actually enlarged the pattern to accommodate her king-sized bed.


The Patchwork Barn by Edyta Sitar
This quilt was extremely fun to work on. There was free motion work as well as ruler work, which provided variety in my otherwise get-bored-quick head.

The customer is coming to pick this up later this morning and I'm hoping to get my Tula 100 Modern Blocks quilt loaded later this afternoon.

After long arming, Jim and I (he had training all morning here) ran errands. All the dog food we have purchased trying to figure out what was wrong with Hazel needed to go to the Humane Society. We had to return some items in West Branch, so the Ogama Country Humane Society was the recipient of food and treats. They truly appreciate any and all donations given.

After returning home and working on things around the yard (Hazel's pen, weeds, etc.) we finally surrendered around 9:00. I did manage, somehow, to get another Pineapple block fit in there, but it was randomly worked on while doing other things around the place.

Moms coming over this morning and my customer right behind her. I'm not sure what's on the agenda afterwards (because when mom visits, you just never know). But it's a funky weather day, so I'm thinking most things will take place inside somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...