Monday, May 6, 2019

Perfect Weather Weekend

It's rare when the temperatures and the sunshine coincide with the lack of bugs and on both weekend days . We had to take advantage! Different projects around the place ensued rather than quilting or sewing.

Hazel's new pen (with our sheets on the line)
Except for the gate, Hazel has her new permanent pen. This took all of Saturday as well as Sunday morning
The "before" pics of the chairs being refinished
While Jim was working on his barn (the east gable end), I started a long overdue project. The middle chair is from my grandmothers cottage. Everybody who sits in this chair absolutely loves it and it's going to get a nice facelift. It's still in pretty good shape; just dirty and needing some TLC. The other two chairs were found in the barn downstate when Jim acquired the property (back). Like grandma's chair, they are in decent shape which will give me an opportunity to give them an update too.

Picking up moms Mother's Day gift
Mom wants a kayak for Mother's Day and the middle one is the one she selected when we happened to be at this particular store last Thursday. We ran to Pinconning last night to get this for her.

Today the weather is now cooperating for me to stay inside and perhaps finish "The Beast". I still have about 24" left to quilt and if I really put my nose to the grindstone, I should be able to "Git 'er Done'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...