Friday, November 15, 2019

4 + 4

The four quilts from last week are done and ready for pick up.

Yesterday, four more came in. The difference in last week to this week are two versus four customers.

And it seems the quilts coming in are becoming even more complex than the previous. I'll shoot and share pics as they are loaded and waiting for quilting. Maybe even some of the quilt detail if the lighting is right.

12 Nutcrackers

Detail of one of the nutcrackers
Obviously, the light is right this morning so here is quilt number one from yesterday's drop off. The customer would like a tight (smaller than dime size, but not a micro) fill behind each nutcracker. And no stipple. And the fills need to be varied for each of the 12 nutcrackers. And the nutcrackers can't be touched. AT ALL!

I'm putting arches in the outer black border and a rope-like design in the green small border. That's about all the decisions I've made for now on this one. I'm going to have to dig deep to find some appropriate fills to put behind these, which should be fun. No really, I LOVE researching stuff like this.

In between customer quilts, I've been working on Christmas presents. Here's a few pics of those in the works.

The start of a turtle for Penelope

This will need to be loaded after the nutcrackers are finished so I can get the turtle shell textured. Meanwhile, I can work on the legs, head, and tail tonight after long arming all day. And after working on Caleb and Lia's cookbook.

One for each of the kids and grandkids.
There were two more made but those were for Jim and me for the current quilt on our bed. The pillow cases I made earlier for the Stripe Me Happy quilt don't really go well, and the new pillow cases fit perfectly. We'll use the others for spares around here when people visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Family

Ya can't pick family can ya? A very disconcerting conversation with my father yesterday left me in kind of  a funk. It's a good thin...