Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Birds in the Air

I talked about friendship yesterday. The PQ challenge this week is based on the block Birds in the Air. I don't have much time this week to work on anything extremely difficult since I have work for three days and long arm the huge Dresden for my new customer.

And...we are leaving Friday morning for Detroit to attend the Garth Brooks concert on Saturday. We won't be returning home until Sunday afternoon.

I found this friendship flannel fabric in my stash and I need a new pillow to use when reading at night for our bed.

I put a wool batt in the first layer to give the pillow breathability. Hot flashes and all.

Doing some straight line quilting
This would have went much quicker on the long arm, but it's occupied.

Here's the finished pillow casing. I'm washing my old pillow to use the stuffing inside and once that gets done, I'll debone it and reuse what I can.

Birds in the Air Pillow
I feel like each of the PQ challenges come out on the cusp of a week where I'm so busy with outside obligations. Darn it all. I'd like to really dig in and do something more creative but at least I'm doing something, right?


2 comments:

  1. Project QUILTING is called a challenge for a reason! While it can stretch our creativity, it can also stretch our ability to fit ONE MORE THING into any given week. Enjoy your new pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect! It's good you're still getting the projects done on busy weeks. Love that you've joined in the fun!

    ReplyDelete

Ever Wonder?

I am thankful every day for the life I have. I'm truly blessed to have the greatest family and friends... Missing Andrew who had to take...