Thursday, February 6, 2020

Hearts a Flutter

The PQ Challenge beginning last Sunday was something with hearts. Since making quilts is my passion (as is cake) I decided to show my love like this:

My Heart belong to a Machine
This was free motion quilted on my domestic sewing machine, not the long arm. I love to do sit down quilting. But only on these small pieces. And had DW not been otherwise occupied, I would have did it on him; but he had the Fair top on him at the time.

Working on the king-size giant top today for Carol P. Here is some of what's going in her very large border.

14" Trees
I'll be working on this most of today.

Yesterday, before heading off to work, I completed a top for a coworker who commissioned me to make a quilt for her. So, step one of four is now complete. You don't know the steps?
1. Make top
2. Quilt top
3. Trim and Square quilt
4. Bind quilt

Do you notice I refer to both "tops" and "quilts"? It's not a quilt until all three layers are together. Otherwise, in my little world, it's only a top until the quilting is accomplished.

Call of the Wild Cardinals
And, yes, those are my three (well, you can only see 2 1/2 of them) boys. They were hanging out at a Michigan State University football game a few years ago. Wait, I think that was actually five years ago. Maybe even longer now that I think about it. WOW!

2 comments:

Ever Wonder?

I am thankful every day for the life I have. I'm truly blessed to have the greatest family and friends... Missing Andrew who had to take...