Saturday, February 1, 2020

The Weekend Off

No work at the store today. Enough of that occurred this week so today I get a free day in the studio.

I have managed to slip in some long arming on The Fairest of Them All. Here's a sneak peek of the beginning.


Upper, right hand corner of the top
After having spent those four days in Utah last year, we learned ANY thread can be put through your machine. Adjustments to top and bobbin tension are necessary, but they had us go through an exercise to get over the phobia of messing with said tension and to overcome the fear of using weird threads.

The thread pictured above is a very delicate glittery thread and as you can see, DW put it down beautifully.

I'm about half way through the quilting on the piece and the last thread count going into the piece is 32. Lots of starts and stops; lots of thread changes. But it's turning out cute and while Jim is working on the taxes today, I'll continue on with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ever Wonder?

I am thankful every day for the life I have. I'm truly blessed to have the greatest family and friends... Missing Andrew who had to take...