Thursday, June 4, 2020

Good Intentions

Despite all the appointments this week, I had good intentions of getting back into some sort of routine around here with the customer quilts stacking up.

And then life happened.

What's wrong with this picture?

Where's my carriage?
The internal motor sensor that drives the computerized quilting on my Pro Stitcher decided to try to burn itself out yesterday. I had a hiccup with it a few days ago, but attributed it to maybe a tied up cabling issue.

And then it happened three more times yesterday. A call to Gall (they were already closed for the day) and then one to Handi Quilter determined the problem. It's such a technical problem that Mike at Gall can't even fix it. So back to Utah the carriage goes to be fixed. Because of the virus problem, it's going to be 3-5 weeks before the carriage makes it back here.

Meanwhile, I'm only half way through Lona's quilt and had to call to give her the bad news. BUT...then I got to thinking after I called her. Friends Quilting Basket is open now and I asked if I could rent time on one of their machines to finish out at least Lona's Pro Stitcher work. "Sure," Christie said.

Tomorrow I'm heading downstate to Lake Odessa to do that. Mom's tagging along and hoping to get some antiquing done while we are there. I'm not sure if the antique place is open yet or not???

Meanwhile, I'm now trying to get a handle on a replacement carriage until the original comes back. We gave Gall back the free motion carriage when we moved up here, so Jason is trying to locate it in his warehouse. Hopefully (fingers crossed) he'll find it while Jim is downstate today getting his new implant done on his tooth.

I guess for today I'll work on my Bear Paw blocks. Here are the purples I did two days ago.

The purples

No comments:

Post a Comment

Minor Touch Ups

As the new studio is being finished, things hit the walls, or we find an area that needs a little bit of TLC. The drywall in the bathroom at...