Monday, December 14, 2020

A Productive Unproductive Weekend

Nothing was long armed this weekend. Zero! I needed to take the weekend off and recharge. Going as much as I have was burning me out and that's the last thing I want on my big machine. I love that machine. But I want to continue to love it.

We received a storm on Friday night/Saturday

But we picked out our tree before the storm hit

When Jim got home Friday afternoon, I immediately turned off the long arm and we beat feet to get our tree before the predicted rain/freezing rain arrived. We decorated on Saturday, I wrapped some gifts, and I worked on the nine-patch blocks. I crocheted Jim's mom some dishcloths and started a scarf.

And hand made gifts are always the best!

Sunday I needed to do some Flimsy downsizing. They used to be on a large "Z" rack hanging in the spare bedroom. This had to be moved every time one of the kids came to stay for even one night because it was a toddler temptation for sure. And it was pretty crowded in the bedroom with it in there. 

All the tops were folded and put into a tote for safe keeping. I organized the WIP's that were sharing the rack with the Flimsy's and will complete those over the holiday season. Nothing new is to be started until I work through all of those (about five of them...or so).  

Given I needed to finish what I've started after my purge session, I diligently worked on the nine-patch top throughout yesterday afternoon/evening. It is ready for the long arm. Didn't grab a pic before I folded it up and put it in the queue. Sorry. I finished the scarf and started another one. 

Today I feel refreshed and ready to fire DW back up and continue on with the king-size quilt for Cpt. Morgan (see Thursday/Friday post).  If I don't get too distracted and keep my head to the grindstone, I should be able to finish it up today. I have four (Bunny and Mary Kay's) quilts being picked up today, and Bunny doesn't usually stay and chat for too awful long so my goal should be attainable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...