Saturday, December 5, 2020

Love em' or Hate em'

My main computer, which is a Mac desktop, is the computer I blog on, work on the web page, purchase items through my suppliers, and do administrative work through. It had a few days where we thought we lost it. 

I can't say enough good things about Mac Apple Care and their team. Within three hours last night we were able to revive the machine and I'm back to working on it now. BUT, this was after two days working on it with the boys and they had covered a lot of what we would have had to do last night through Apple Care, making the time with them less.

While most everything could have been done through my iPad, the extensive music library we have on this machine was in jeopardy. I do have an external back-up, but some of the music library is nearly 200 Christmas songs built over several years that are no longer even available through the usual music channels (Amazon, Pandora, iTunes, etc.). I was a little nervous!

On to actual quilting stuff. Because I was fiddling around with the Mac for two days, it took me that long to quilt Joan's guitar quilt shown previously. And, I had a bevy of customers coming and going to pick up and drop off both. As well as two visits from mom. 

I'm working Joan's second quilt this morning, and would love to show you, but the photos on the mac are still restoring and will have to wait to post them tomorrow.

I have been able to get a little Gravity work done (all while waiting for computer rebuilding steps to happen) and only have two sections to construct before it can start turning into a top. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...