Friday, December 18, 2020

Busy But Not In The Studio

Jims birthday was yesterday. The only thing that happened in the studio during the day was wrapping presents. The rest of the day was spent preparing a nice meal for Jim, dealing with the Culligan man, and wrapping more presents. 

I was able to do something in the studio in the evening hours; around 6:30. River Rock is what's on the frame for today.

Moms Birthday/Christmas Present
Not my color way, but mom loves these muted batiks and she picked out the kit at The Hen House when we went down together in the fall. This will get an open E2E on it since it's so busy and most all quilting will disappear if I try to do any custom. And she selected a wool batt so I want it to remain pliable during use. 

And hey, this is not a customer quilt. It's actually one of mine. At this rate, I'll get to do one of my own quilts every three months...or four times a year. Whoo Hooo! 

This will be most of today's project since the wrapping is, well, wrapped up, for now anyway. I have to run to the groomer and then to Pieces of Thyme (which will be closing for three weeks after tomorrow) to drop off brochures and Linda's quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...