Wednesday, December 9, 2020

The Downside

I'm very ready to start my holiday fun. Late next week (we're keeping our fingers crossed with this "thing" looming over our heads) our youngest son and his wife will be back in Michigan. They'll be up here a few days after their impending arrival.

We will be celebrating the holiday at the middle sons house the day after Christmas. Which, isn't that far away. Unfortunately, and because of the "thing" we will not be seeing our eldest. Don't even get me started. 

Except for decorating the house and seeing our lights beautifully lit every night, we haven't shopped, wrapped, prepared, made, or cleaned for the holiday season. Our tree isn't even here yet. 

And this is the downside to having a business where Christmas deadlines are hanging in the wings. I can only focus on so many things at once, and right now, the tops still sitting patiently in-wait are the priority. I think next year I'm going to limit the amount of tops received for the holiday, leave a space or two for those 'last-minute-because-I-can't-plan' tops and then maybe it'll be a little less stressful. And somewhat enjoyable. 

My problem: I can't say no. I like to please and make everybody happy even if it's at my expense. That's who I am and I need to find a way to maybe alter my ways a bit?

So, here is what was done yesterday morning/afternoon.

Mary Kay's second son's quilt

It was pulled off the frame around 3:30-ish. Her daughters top was loaded next,

Mary Kay's daughters quilt
I had no intention on completing this one yesterday except I got a call from Jill who wanted to bring over a few tops to do. One, of course, for a Christmas deadline.

Jill's table topper for gift exchange
I'll work on this most of the morning and then load Carla's top next. 

I think somewhere in my [next] brochure I should add something about artistry and creativity being an unhurried task. I'll have to think about it. I have a while to come up with something because my new brochures are en-route currently.

Jim was perusing his FB Marketplace a few days ago and a lady up in Houghton Lake is depleting her fabric stash. All yardages are $5. We are headed there tonight to do a little "me" shopping. I suppose if the downside to not making cookies is buying fabric, well, I really have nothing to squabble about do I? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...