Thursday, December 10, 2020

Opportunities

After quilting, trimming, and then binding Jills table topper, I moved along to this next quilt.

Bunny's camp quilt for her grandson

I was finishing this up when Jim came home (who knew it was actually that late already) and after his shower, we took off for Houghton Lake.

A lady there (Deanna) was retiring from her quilt shop (located somewhere along the bay area I think) and had all of her quilt shop quality fabrics for $5 a yard! Merry Christmas Colette!

This is what I brought home.

A Normally $150 kit for $30

And 48 yards of fabric
Some of these will be backs. Some will get added to the stash for "whatever", some of this will be used as backgrounds for some other quilt top I happen across. It's all excellent quality and at prices we haven't seen in years. 

I should have gotten more. I could certainly have gotten more, but the people didn't seem too overly friendly and frankly, I needed to get out of there. They had made something with a Fry Daddy and the smell of the oil and the food is still in my nose. I'm going to wash all these fabrics today to get the smell out of them because I don't want it in my studio. 

The perils of having an overactive olfactory sense I guess. 

Maybe Jim will go back and get some more since he's up in Houghton Lake on occasion?

I'm loading a king top today. Had to wait to get all the wrinkles ironed out on the backing last night and when working with 110" of fabric, it takes some time especially since the backing is flannel, which takes even longer to dry between rolls. And...I needed to piece the batting (my rolls are only 96" wide). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...