Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Christmas and Birthdays

I had a customer contact me earlier this morning that she received the Christmas card I sent to her. She also let me know her baby was born on the 9th. Poor thing has to share her birthday with the biggest holiday of the year. As does Jim.

It's usually hard to make the day special and not-Christmas-like when Christmas is becoming so commercialized. But this year is different. This year we are all dealing with the "thing" and very few holiday activities are actually occurring. Maybe with this shoulder shake the masses will wake up and smell the coffee about what Christmas actually means. And birthdays too.

This is what's on the frame this morning. 

Linda's Present top
After quilting most of this last night I worked on more UFO things. 

Orphan block already quilted
A leftover from the Twirly quilt that just had to be made into a pillow top. I don't have enough fluff to make the actual pillow portion inside, but I got it squared and assembled into a pillow cover. 

Next.

Two test sandwiches used when DW was being naughty
These have a relatively nice batting in them and to just throw them away wasn't in the cards. I've square them up and, once again, will make large throw/floor pillows out of them that we can use without worrying about their demise. I've also run out of muslin to make the pillows out of so I'm afraid a trip to JoAnn's is in my future. Groan. 

That about covers the sewing projects sitting immediately on top. Mom's top is next in the pile so once I complete Linda's quilt today I can get moms loaded and worked on before Christmas actually arrives. It was supposed to be her birthday present. Thankfully, she's very understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...