Thursday, January 21, 2021

Block #5

Going backwards from my day yesterday. This is block five. Isn't it gorgeous?

Celestial Stars Block Five
I love/hate batiks. I love their colors and how they play well no matter the combinations you derive with them. But they needle poorly both in the sewing machine and on the long arm. While I'm constructing this quilt I'm already thinking about how it's be quilted and the issues I'm going to have while doing so.

Prior to working on block five, I finished Melissa's first quilt and then loaded/fought with her second. Fought? How about this?

Not a straight back
This was reloaded three times before I was somewhat able to move along.

Now we have it going 
This is some of the detail in the outer border.

Okay, it doesn't show much does it?
But I'm following the contours of the branches with complimentary thread and it's giving it some really great texture. 

I'll continue along with this top today and cut out for Block #6 on Celestial Stars. A pot of chili is also on my to-do list at some point this morning/early afternoon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...