Monday, January 4, 2021

Moving Along Despite The Virus

I have/had a mild case of the "bug" or "thing" as I appropriately like to call it. I am nearly fully functional and have made some progress on the DeGroot Reunion top the past day or so.

My design wall isn't going to be big enough to accommodate the whole quilt as I build it. I drafted the pattern onto graph paper and then chunked it up into smaller sections to be built independently; 16 in all. I have managed to get to section six and will work on this some more today.

The main cross is designed. 

I haven't long armed in a few days and feel like it's time to get something on DW. He's had his vacation and I was avoiding making so much noise since this "thing" hit Jim pretty hard. While he was in the headache phase I didn't want to inflate the situation by DW's loud presence. 

Now I just need to figure out what to get on him today.

A past customer called this morning about dropping off a few quilts to the house. Since we are on quarantine she is going to leave them in the back room and we can talk later about what to get into them when the time comes.

While the "thing" is not very probable in transference off fabric, there is still a possibility. And as long as there is a possibility, I'm going to leave those customer quilts tucked away until at least Monday just to be sure I'm not responsible for any one else having to deal with this "bug". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Week

This week is going to be a short one for Jim and I. We have a Masters hooding on Thursday (DIL) and a Military Commissioning ceremony (Son) ...