Thursday, January 14, 2021

Music and (Free) Motion

I forgot how cool it was to slip on those headphones, dial up the volume just a mite, and grab the long arm to work some free motion motifs. I was having a ball.

And then Jim got home and we had to go get his truck. Once home, I had lost my oomph and started baking cookies instead. 

DeGroot Reunion Quilt (Cross Quilt)
Here is part of what is going into the Cross Quilt.

A hook swirl with respective thread changes in each of the colors
In the white/lights I'm putting a simple meander, in the burgundy around the cross I'm putting a wandering square, and in the center, woodgrain.

I arrived past the half way point before we took off. Since this is my last day of quarantine, I need to get this completed. Today. Customer quilts have to get started tomorrow. 

But, I'm still dealing with some fuzzy head and Katie said some people experience this for months. I'm just going to have to deal with it and move along. I wonder if it has something to do with my lack of taste/smell?

Here are the yummy molasses cookies made later yesterday. Well, I think they look yummy anyway. I can't really taste much of them. 

Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...