Friday, January 29, 2021

English Paper Piecing

I have a couple of friends down state who do these amazing English paper pieced projects. I like doing it, but am not in love with it. I'll stick to my simple hexagons. It's hand work and it's better than playing mindless games at night if I scoot out of the studio early. And since my yarn is gone, this will take the place of crocheting/knitting.

Here are a few hexagons already ready to get put into flowers.

Hexagons ready to go
See the two flowers to the bottom right? That's what I'm going to do with all of these. The strip on the bottom left was the "original" plan for them while I was constructing them years ago, but have scrapped that idea. 
Same but different

The top above is Robins second one dropped off during our Covid quarantine (she just dropped the bag just inside the back door and I had the mud room door closed off between the main house and that room). It's the same piecing pattern as yesterday's but with different colors. I'll be working on this today.

Here is the block I completed last night after shutting DW down for the night. 

Celestial Star Month #11
Yes, it is supposed to be oval. And I thought I was going to have to run over the Pieces to pick up some more batiks, but have learned that as long as there is a contrasting [similar] color with the opposing pieces, it works out in whatever is put in the not-exact-colors place. 

I may be making more masks later tonight. I seems this stupid "thing" isn't going away any time soon (or at least the restrictions aren't). Mine are getting pretty beat up with all the washing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...