Monday, April 15, 2024

Happy Sunny Monday

All the little spring things are starting to bloom and awaken from their winters slumber. It's nice seeing some other colors than brown and green. 

Jim and I spent Saturday running around Midland with my mom. It was our 39th wedding anniversary and we "blew" a construction day just antiquing, eating too much food, running non-construction errands, all while not freezing to death. It was nice.

Another year together. 
I did pick up a cute mirror from Hobby Lobby, and while I was there I picked up three yards of fabric and some Minky for a quilt I need to make for my sons college housemate and wife as they are expecting in July. I know, I know...I actually bought fabric from there. And I'm already seeing the difference. These blocks are supposed to rough at 5 1/2". I'm trimming them back to 5 1/4" because the fabric is so weird. 
Hmmm...now what's this going to be?
Stay tuned on how this comes together. Meanwhile, that's about all I did on Saturday night when we finally returned home. Sunday we were once again on the road first thing in the morning returning the white siding we got for the gable end and picking up the actual blue we needed (had to special order it). 

Once we got back from that and grocery shopping, the neighbors came over for a visit for a while. We still hadn't had lunch and it was approaching 3:00. Once they left, we quickly threw together some stir fry and were able to relax for the weekend. 

And that's just what we did. Jim slept a lot and I'm afraid he has contracted my flu bug. He's not feeling well today and while he did go to work, I don't suspect he'll last long there (if it's even remotely close to what I had). 

It's another beautiful spring day here. I'm actually wearing capri's! I'll be working on Maggie's quilt on DW most of today and enjoying all the birdsong, warmer breezes, and looking out my [very dirty] windows at the sparkling lake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ever Wonder?

I am thankful every day for the life I have. I'm truly blessed to have the greatest family and friends... Missing Andrew who had to take...