Thursday, April 4, 2024

A Full Customer Day

Let me see, I think I only quilted about a total of two hours yesterday because around noon I had a new customer come with her SIL and, since she was new, had a lot of questions and grief to work through. I enjoyed meeting them both and look forward to making her three memory quilts complete.  

I quilted a little before they got here and then a little after they left because in mid-afternoon Ann came to pick her quilt up and brought Mary with her to drop one off. We chatted for a while and they took a look at the new studio addition exclaiming how wonderful it's going to be. 

As they were leaving, Linda and Rick came over to get her quilt and to chat/commiserate about the Heron Cove Group who is suing the FLTF on this dam repair thing. What. A. Mess! And, the electrician showed up somewhere in there to put on the exterior lights and let us know the electrical inspector would be here for his final inspection either today or next week sometime. 

They left around 6:30 last night and by that time, Jim hadn't had dinner (he and Rick love to shoot the bull) and we both had a pretty busy work day. Nothing else was done in either studio. 

Nobody expected today. 

Here's what's on DW today for me to work on...

Pams t-shirt quilt
This is not the "normal" t-shirt quilt quilting job. I'm glad she didn't want a meander run through all of this. I dislike having to do that because it ruins the integrity of the plastic transfers; poking holes which are completely unrepairable and I don't think it adds anything to the piece. 

I'm painstakingly outlining each and every written/logo with matching thread. Lots of thread changes and lots of patience. Good thing I have a lot of both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...