Saturday, April 20, 2024

Just Another Day

When I used to work outside the home, most other folks looked forward to the weekends. Since I worked in the healthcare field (hospital setting), retail, and in the Army Reserves, we worked weekends and they just weren't as big a deal to me. While I was growing up, we had a farm. The animals need feeding every day, twice a day, and there is no time off at all. The same holds true for self-employment. We work when we can and oft times it's during the weekend.

Here's what I'm working on today...

Some of the quilting detail
This quilt is almost 2/3's of the way completed. I'm hoping to knock the rest of it out today. Jim is on-call this weekend so we can't wander too far. He's working some more on the beam in the new studio. 

This work weekend is needed since we have three days in a row we need to travel to Lansing next week. College graduations, Officer Commissioning, and a grandchild birthday party. I'll be working longer hours this upcoming week as well to make up for the loss. But the perks of being self-employed is that I can adjust accordingly which allows me to be able to attend such functions without having to grovel to some power tripping boss for time off. Happy Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...