Thursday, July 9, 2026

When I'm Bored

Going to the reunion creates a lot of "dead" space in my day. Well, it didn't use to because we were in charge of everything, but like tonight is our personal camp site set up which doesn't only take us a few hours. The rest of the night we visit with other family members that have arrived.

When I'm between those "dead" spaces in my day I graze. Whatever I can get my hands on goes in my mouth. I feel nauseated by bed time from all the foods I've eaten, and I vow the next day not to do the same thing, but do I? Nope.

The other problem I have is sitting for long periods of time. I have to be moving. When we visit with folks, it's just sitting there. Talking. And sitting. And talking. And sitting some more. I needed something to take with me to keep me busy while we are visiting.

I have some hand embroidery work to do on the Quilt Room pattern and I thought I'd get a jump on it. I did not have the DMC floss colors needed and instead of trying to paw through my crap, I just purchased some quick items to make the weekend a bit more interesting.

Ready for the weekend
I have been watching a few embroidery tutorials and I have found several areas where I've been doing this hand work hobby incorrectly. Hopefully I'll have better success this weekend. 

See you on Tuesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

At Our Age

Whenever we can we visit with friends and family. Every day is a gift and should be enjoyed as best as possible. We love our neighbors to th...