Generally I'm out in the studio everyday and since this is my quilting diary, that's one of the reasons. Another reason is to make me accountable for what I'm going to be doing later on that day, and reason number three is to summarize what I did the previous day.
If I wait two days, details are often forgotten. When I don't post anything I wasn't here to do anything quilting related.
Yesterday was one of those days when I wasn't here all day. But what did I do Friday?
After working on Flea Market for the day I made a Love Letter block. I did the two leaf blocks left in Flower Power, and then instead of jumping on DW, I sorted and glued down the circle parts of Flower Power.
Now I can start stitching all of those down. The class for this quilt used a variety of stitches to go around each circle. I'm not doing that. Just a regular blanket stitch is good enough for me.Yesterday, despite not being in the studio, I did do something quilt related. I've been wanting to get down to The Hen House quilt shop in Charlotte so Jim and I took a trip there after Jacobs birthday party in Lansing. Now there's a hidden gem! I know the owner and most of the people who work there and so it was like a mini reunion. These ladies all belonged to the guild we had there (until Covid killed it) and catching up over the past four years took over an hour. I picked up this layer cake to add to the fabric for the Quilt Room I'll be starting soon.
I haven't been sleeping very well lately (again). I did get some sleep last night, but the previous two nights I saw 3:00 a.m. and beyond and still got up before 8:30. Today I'm not feeling too good and my energy level is about zero. It'll be a quiet day reading and snuggling with the girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment