Wednesday, June 12, 2019

A Little Something

Most of yesterday was spent in the yard, but after getting cleaned up and re-showered, I managed to get my new Angela Walters' Build a Quilt block #7 done before settling down for the night.

At least a little something here in the studio was played with.

Today is starting out cloudy and rain is expected later which provides the nearly perfect reason to stay inside and continue on with the t-shirt top.

And as much as I hate to keep mentioning the weather, let me explain before you judge.

In Michigan, we receive about 170 good days a year to go outside; seriously, that's our average up here. It's a little higher downstate, but in the norther portion we have a slightly shorter growing season and much more adverse weather. Let's put it this way, yesterday morning, I had heat on in the house, because the morning temp was 42 degrees.

When a day in the mid 70's with sunshine presents itself you. go. outside.

If you don't go outside and do something, anything, you're either sick, have a  funeral to attend, or are just plain...well...you know.

I don't have a normal "job" to punch a clock for, so I have the freedom to pick the days I want to "work" on customer quilts. And, I have the freedom to take advantage of the [few] nice weather days our state hands us. During the winter months the blog is mostly quilting, because after about mid-October, the thought of going out in wind, rain, snow, and mud isn't very appealing.

So, now you know about my weather discussions of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...