Thursday, June 20, 2019

Yeah Superior!

Superior threads are primarily used in the studio. I piece (currently) with Aurafil, but am going to switch to superior So Fine! for piecing too once the Aurafil is depleted. Why? Cost. Why? Service. Why? Value.

When you have a small business, all factors mentioned above need to be taken into consideration. I've pieced with the So Fine! in the past and quite frankly, it does as well as the Aurafil, and per yard, the cost is ridiculously lower than Aurafil.

As you can tell, my thread arrived yesterday in the mail. Even off the spool (they were currently out of cones) the thread behaved well and I was able to FINALLY get the Tula quilt finished and off the frame.

On to the t-shirt quilt today.

Loaded and ready to go
I loaded it last night and am ready to rock n' roll today.

After loading the top and getting ready to go first thing this morning (changing needles, clean machine, winding bobbins, picking thread colors), I worked on my new little wall hanging project. Here's the first of four ladies.

The Fabric Stasher
Isn't she funny? The other three are just as cute, but this was the hardest of the four, and the directions said to tackle her first, so I did. It needs to be blanket stitched down yet, but despite what the directions say, I'm not going to do that until all four of them are onto the fabric.

And, I'm actually not going to blanket stitch them (I don't think). I'm thinking I'm going to do what I did on my Seasonal Silhouettes quilt and just free motion straight stitch everything down. It's a wall hanging. It's not going get much washing done to it. I can change out the thread colors easier (the pattern said to use just one color of thread when blanket stitching) and it sounds like more fun.

It's a crappy weather day so let's crank up the tunes and put some thread in the cotton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...