Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Another Nice Day in Paradise

Jim and I were sitting out in front of the house (the front of a lake house is the side that faces the lake, not the side which is normally the front where people park and enter into the house) last night. Most everybody had went back to their "normal" lives downstate, or wherever they lived. It was quiet. There was a nice gentle breeze. Temps in the low 70's. Small waves lapping onto our rocks at the waters edge from a passing pontoon.

We said to one another, 'Why do we ever need to go on vacation when we live in this beautiful place?' And we don't go on vacations. First, with only one income, we can't really afford to, but moreover, why would we? The few long weekends we've had for Caleb's military stuff of late only left us wanting to be home again.

And with the beautiful day I had a beautiful amount of work to take care of outside. After finally showering again in the evening, I HAD to do some sewing, so the left over triangles from Morning Star were put into large blocks for pillow shams...or something.

Left Overs
I'll quilt these when I quilt the other top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...