Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Something Finished

Something was actually finished in the studio yesterday. The Kaleidoscope quilt is done. It was buried under the Long Time Gone and Selvedge tops on the guest bed downstairs.

Kaleidoscope Quilt
Cleaning up the studio was first on the list before tackling anything else. Once completed, work on the t-shirt sashing strips commenced. Here's where yesterday ended.

T-Shirt top in progress
See the black shirt on the right about in the middle of the pic? I have to figure out what to do with it. It needs to be included into the top and unlike all the other shirts, this one is three dimensional. I think if I sash it on three of the sides, and then build a...nope, never mind, that won't work. I'd have to sew a top sashing on and with the collar sticking out it's not possible without losing some of the shirt.

Second idea: Mount it onto a large piece of the sashing fabric and extend the top portion near the collar enough to join the block above. This will let the collar lay onto it to hand tack down after the quilting is done. It's going to add a lot of bulk (six layers to quilt into), but DW is pretty hardy and can probably get through it okay. I may have to change to a ball-point needle once I get to that shirt. I'll have to think more on this while I am on the lawn mower later today.

Yep, a nice day in store meaning more outside time then inside time today. See, this is why I like winter. Quilting in the summer is hard when you have a large yard and a lake. Not to mention a house/property that was neglected for six years to nurse back to health.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...