Monday, June 17, 2019

New Project

The blocks are into rows, but the rows aren't put together yet. But isn't this cool?

Morning Star
Katie gave me a Dream Big panel for my birthday last year. I've been looking, and looking, and looking some more for something out of the ordinary to do with the panel. I didn't want to just quilt it like everybody else has done.

Then I went to the Pieces of Thyme tent sale on Saturday, at my husbands suggestion (he's the BEST) and (yes, I know, I was there Friday too, but only on a mission trip rather then a fun buying trip) and found this pattern on sale! Two more panels later and this is what you get. I can't wait to dive into the quilting on this!

We were in and out all weekend so this is about all that was accomplished in here. I just got a call for a few quilts for customers to work on, so the project above will have to wait to be done. But it's going to be fun when I finally get into it.

And, I'm starting to research the rows I would like to do for this years Row by Row. I've selected 10 shops, all over the state, and mom has indicated she'd like to ride along Friday when I get six or seven of the ten obtained. I'll need kits for about half of the blocks/rows; maybe more depending on how much I can derive from my stash. I'll have to talk to Jim about the possibility of said adventure because I know we have other priorities around here to work on and spending coin on a fun thing isn't a priority right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...