Wednesday, March 25, 2020

584 Little Blocks

The next phase of my Jacqueline de Jong is a checkered border surrounding all the rainbow curved sections. The colors are gradient and have to be meticulously pieced. She provided paper pieced templates to do the piecing with and I chose to stick with those.

10 hours later and are all together. They still need to be trimmed, paper removed and then put together in rows, but the paper piecing is the hardest part with the long, skinny papers needed to assemble them into something useful.

Here's all the trimmings.

Trimmings from the checkered border in my JD piece
 Kind of pretty!

I have some errands to do today (despite the "lock down" we're supposed to adhere to). But I need to get some things done and mom needs help with moving chores. I'm afraid there won't be much sewing done in the studio today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...