Monday, March 2, 2020

March is Here. Spring is Here.

Or is it? While we have beautiful weather predicted for the next few days, I'm not going to count on it lasting too awful long. It is only the first week of March. But I'll hear all about it at the store tomorrow from customers I'm sure; "Looks like spring is finally here." "I'm so ready for winter to be over." "Oh what a lovely day and soon the flowers will be blooming."

Despite being at the hospital with my mom nearly all weekend (Friday and Saturday anyway), and after cleaning the house top to bottom yesterday (see, nice weather promotes spring cleaning) I did manage to get my PQ challenge figured out, pulled fabrics, cut fabrics, and started piecing.

PQ Challenge started
Once this is completed, I'm going to send this out to Caleb in Washington to have him give to one of his soldier friends for one of their kids. They are being deployed next month to help deal with the Corona Virus and it would be nice to have a hug of love surrounding them while mom/dad are away.

I did also manage to get the Buddy Bear Quilt done after flitting in and out of the house. I can't just spend a day at the hospital and not come home and sew.


Love the back almost as much as the front
I used a green Minky on the back and the quilting always shows up so nice back there. This is for our fifth grandchild due about a month from now.

Haven't did a Hazel update in a while. She was glad we were back home yesterday and celebrated by chasing a few of the neighbors' cars. Needless to say, she just bought herself some invisible fence this spring.

I'm so damn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...