Sunday, April 4, 2021

Change of Pace

Instead of doing any long arming yesterday, piecing a WIP was done. Here was the next "find" in the tote of WIP's...

Hmmm? One Missing

When I started this project about a year (or two) ago my intention was to make a much larger quilt. But, I got bored. Which is normal. Making monsters is a free piecing situation and had to construct that last block before I could move on.

Bugs?

Dark Strips?

Mellow Polka Dots?

Camping? or

Bright Wavy Stripes?

Once the missing block was constructed, auditioning for the sashing/borders came next. Help Katie! I was leaning more towards the light wavy stripe or the trees, but she said definitely the bugs or the dark wavy stripe. I was hesitant at first about the bugs and even thought about it for a while as I was helping Jim get around and then decided "what the heck" and went with her suggestion.

Here it is hanging in wait for the long arm. 

Cute Monsters top
This ended up finishing at 42 1/2" x 55". Not sure whether it will hit the long arm today or not?? 

Our neighbors came over to visit with a friend of theirs. This friend has chickens and asked if I could maybe make her an apron for egg collection. Once the Monster top was complete, I went into cyberspace to research and find an apron I was happy with. A combination of patterns/videos resulted in an apron made out of chicken fabric with a maroon paisley (country-like) for the waistband/ties. I totally forgot to grab a pic before taking it over to Lisa's. 

Not sure where I'm headed today. It's supposed to be nice out and I should probably get some yard work done. I have leaves galore to take up and get away from the perennials. Sticks came down (again) in our last wind storm, and the truck needs to be detailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...