Saturday, April 3, 2021

Quilted and Ready to Bind

Please take note! I'm going to actually hand bind this quilt. I know, I know, I usually don't. My exceptions are the following: 

1) An art piece (such as this), or 

2) An Heirloom piece that won't be used on a daily basis and will be used for guest beds and decoration. 

All other quilts (baby, utility, etc.) get a machine binding. And even some of those art quilts that would benefit from a decorative stitch in the binding may be machine bound.

For me, hand binding is done on those rainy days while watching a movie, or while visitors come to call and we are just sitting and chatting. Many of the later days will occur since Jim can't go visit other people. 

Here's the quilt on the rail sitting patiently for the binding to be completely attached.

It almost looks as good as the day it was made
Katie asked earlier what I was up to today. While Jim and I were getting the new pressing/cutting unit put into the studio, another few WIP's were found. I don't even remember what those were because we were trying to get that done and getting ready for his surgery as well and I just laid them in there until I had time to deal with them. 

Today's studio work is a mystery because whatever's on top in that tote is getting worked on next. Let's hope it's something fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...