Thursday, April 1, 2021

New Routine

Now that Jim is convalescing a new routine is being established around the house. His life needs get attended to first in the morning. Sponge baths (he can not shower AT ALL), making his "nest" on the couch for the day, shaving, hair washing, meds, meals, and all other things he normally does himself. 

Then my day begins.

So daily blogging and getting started in the studio will, of course, be later. 

I did manage to get some quilting done yesterday on Andrew's (re)quilt. While getting Jims new room ready for his time downstairs, I was able to locate my old quilting journal and found this!

Sorry for the sideways pic
This was the quilt right after it was finished in 2000. It doesn't look that good now by a long stretch but I'm at least trying to get it as fixed as I can given the damage. 





Because this top is so, (so, so, so) fragile, I'm matchsticking EVERYTHING except the outer border, and that's receiving a 3/4" piano key. Andrew's planning on hanging it in his new man cave in his basement (which is just as nice as his main living area actually) so I want it to look as well as I can make it. It's taking a lllooonnnggg time to match stick each and every square, but from the looks of it already, will be well worth the effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...