Saturday, March 27, 2021

For a Few Days

I’ll  be gone for a few days dealing with Jim’s surgery.

I have, however, loaded a long time ago built quilt. I don’t have any current pictures of it, but this is the latest WIP I found in the tote. It’s Andrew’s old Spartan “S” quilt in dire need of repair. It’s so unstable and needed to get on the frame to start getting some thread into it. It’s too fragile to just leave in the corner where it has lived for the past week since dragging it out of the safety of the fabric bag it was in. 

I started with the outer dark green border quilting piano keys three quarters of an inch apart with a shiny Glide thread. The second off-white border is going to need some marking and a lot of planning. I’ll be using a muted Premo Soft linen color in there and have a feeling the more thread I put into this piece the better it’s going to hold after it’s re-hung in Andrew’s man cave. He was instructed to never “use” this quilt again since it’s barely (and I mean barely) holding together now. 

I still have customer quilts in queue, but decided since I’ll be minding Jim for the next week or so, didn’t want to not have my complete attention on one of their quilts. Better to sacrifice one of my own I suppose.

Sleepy Girl

Hazel was sleeping funny earlier and I grabbed a pic while she was doing so. She’s going to day care for a few days which totally wears her out. She needs it though and will be sleeping like this (again) when she gets home on Tuesday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...