Friday, March 26, 2021

Aside from a few details...

...the new pressing/cutting station is in the studio. 

Where the fabrics are going today

Under construction

After the pressing top was placed

Isn't this a WONDERFUL unit my husband built for me? I mean, c'mon, what quilter wouldn't love to have this in their sewing room (space permissible of course)? 

He said he still needs to have a shelf built for the iron, another brace put in between each of the long sections, and a few other things he has in mind, but Jim rocks! I didn't think he'd get 'er done before the surgery date, but it's so much sturdier and better looking than the cobbled up table(s) we had prior and it far exceeds what I ever expected. 

While he was working in here, I was intermittently working on Luann's last top. It didn't get finished last night and will be on the to-do list first thing this morning. 

The last of the seven
Yesterday morning was spent dealing with motifs to for all that white real estate. I tried to digitize a few farm animals and it just wasn't working. I'm not as smooth tracing a drawing from a piece of tracing paper to get the lines right, so I just purchased some motifs on-line and stuffed them into the ProStitcher to use for this quilt and then later for other customers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...