Monday, March 8, 2021

More WIP's/Orphan Blocks

I started cleaning out the tote behind DW yesterday morning before Jim was ready for me to assist on the back room flooring in the washer/dryer area. Barely even scraped the top contents and already have a weeks worth of work unearthed. 








These are all the orphan blocks I found. Most will be dolly quilts, although I'm not sure Charlotte is still accepting them. The hand embroidered piece (second from the bottom) is where I started since that isn't going to be a dolly quilt. 

Free motion quilting on the Janome 1600P (Jay)
Here's the finished piece.

Leaving this "raw"
I decided not to bind this piece after finishing it. There are buttons and other do-dads to have to get around to bind it and I think it's cute the way it is. It's now hanging in my bedroom. 

Working on the king-size quilt for Reta this morning. Will set up another one of those orphans for sit down quilting while long arming at the same time. I have another king and a kids quilt coming later today and those tree skirts are still hanging out waiting for me to do them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...