Monday, April 5, 2021

Waking Up

The "lake" is starting to wake up. I'm seeing cars in driveways across the way that are usually gone throughout the winter. I hear activity in and around properties, and our neighbors two doors to the south, should be coming home from Florida soon.

It's Spring!

Yesterday, after working outside doing odds and ends, and after lunch, I dug through the WIP tote. This was next on the pile...

Town and Country
Remember this? Maybe you don't. But this was started back in the fall of 2017. It's been pulled out and put back three times already though I'm not sure why. Working these little (4 1/2") blocks is like an addiction and maybe, because they are so labor intensive, I needed a change. And...there are 365 blocks total in the piece. 

I left off with #184.

#184-Bird Feeder

#185-Fork, Flowers, and Bird

#186-Vegetable Patch
If I work two of these a day (or more) maybe I can have them done by August 1st? That's a long time to work on a project, but given the three plus years I've already been at it, I guess another couple of months isn't much. And, they're really fun to do!

But "work" calls and today will be loading a customer quilt onto the frame. Now that Jim and I have established a new routine and I feel comfortable leaving him alone for a few hours at a time, I should be able to focus on customer work with confidence.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...