Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Well...

Yesterday I started to load a king top for Carla. The batting was going to have to be cut into (2) 120" runs and then pieced together. I didn't really want to do that and it would have cost Carla a lot more money than just getting a king-sized batt in a package. 

Since we had to run to Grand Rapids again today for Jim's ankle suture removal appointment, stopped by Seven Sisters quilt shop to pick one up. And, drop off the Sisterhood block I made for the cooperative quilt they are making.

Go Green! Go White! Sisterhood block
I also picked up some off-white background fabric for a flag quilt I'll make later this fall for the next DeGroot reunion (2022). As well as a new bottle of Best Press.

Jim got his sutures out and we finally got back home around 6:15. It was a very long day on the road.

And since I didn't have batting yesterday to long arm, I worked on the Town and Country blocks and have all the light blues done. 

#225 Corner Litter Bin

#221 Topiary Tree in Barrel

#222 Archway Trellis

#221 Weeping Tree (but this one looks scared)

#224 Bird Bath

I didn't grab a pic of #223 Lily Pond for some reason.

I'll get these together tonight and then can move along to the next round of colors...a mellow yellow. 

Where it'll be after construction tonight
This is what's on the frame for first thing tomorrow morning...

Carla's King-Size for her daughter
I've started sketching in the most likely quilting I'm going to put into this. Deciding what to quilt into a quilt takes a lot of time and I was up late last night deciding. This was one of the possibilities, but changed my mind due to the thread changes that would be needed. I'll think about it some more tonight while I'm constructing my blocks.

Possible quilting




No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...