Saturday, March 16, 2024

Low Key Turns Busy

Except for a nail appointment and some errands, I thought the rest of yesterday would be fairly low key. But then I had a customer come and pick up, several phone calls coming in, and appointments to set for next week. Even though all of that occurred, Debs quilt is done...

Here's the back
I posted the back because there isn't much to see on the front. 

I started working on Bernadettes quilt right after I took Debs off and started frame ironing the next backing on DW...
I think I like flannel the best!
Cotton fabrics are okay, but not very warm. Wool fabrics bunch and shift very easily while piecing and quilting. But flannels are soft, easy to work with, and are a dream to quilt. I'm already about 1/4 of the way done with this piece. 

Meanwhile, later in the evening, was able to load this quilt...
Jacqueline deJonge: Be Colorful
This is going to take some time to quilt. It's 101"x107" and look at all those thread changes! And the planning. This is going to put my brain to good use.

While I was continuing to frame iron this, and while Jim was out sanding more flooring he picked up yesterday, I finished this little piece...

My "invention" panel quilt

We are working in the [new] studio all day today laying flooring and then Jim will start working more on the closet. Or something. After the flooring is all down (I don't know that we have enough to finish today) the rest of the interior is mostly up to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Days

We are approaching the final days for me to be in the "old" studio. Today I'll be removing Kathy's quilt from Bernie and t...