Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Everest

Doing a Jacqueline deJonge quilt is a quilters Everest. I've attempted one myself and only got through about 1/3 of the pattern and decided to just quilt that. The one I'm quilting for a customer right now is HUGE! After working on it for about five hours, I've gotten the first 12" done. Whew!

Yep, took me five hours
And why did it take me so long? All the marking and color selection takes up a lot of time. 

Marking for the slim sliced triangles
Those are 1/2" intervals, times 98 inches. And that's just the side portion. I'll be chipping away at this intermittently over the next few weeks. The customer isn't going to be back until mid-April so there's no hurries on this one. 

Meanwhile, and while I was working on this piece, I was frame ironing the back for this one now loaded onto Bernie...

Bernadettes Tilda Houses
I don't think there's actually a pattern for this. I think Bernadette selected pieces and parts of a pattern and made this one up. I'll be working on this today. 

BUT...we had severe winds for the time being so I'm going to have to quilt cautiously. They are supposed to calm a bit here shortly and I'll keep an eye on things before actually turning on the machine. I have threads to pick out and design elements to decide on first. 

Jim worked in the new studio last night getting the last of the main floor laid. The closet floors still need to be done, but first the closets themselves need to be finished. He also worked on some of the window trim that hasn't been finished yet but with the gloomy day yesterday he ran out of light. Maybe tonight? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Days

We are approaching the final days for me to be in the "old" studio. Today I'll be removing Kathy's quilt from Bernie and t...