Saturday, March 30, 2024

Process and Happy Easter Weekend

The process of quilting accurately requires some marking. Now this is what I call a crap load of marking!

All those chalk marks
I will NEVER, EVER mark your quilt with something that can't be brushed away or spritzed with water to remove. 

On a positive note, the Jacqueline quilt is done. The quilting Gods were with me yesterday in that there were no interruptions to distract my focus. It's still hanging out on the frame waiting for the markings to disappear and I'll load later today prepare for Monday. 

We have already been to town to pick up wood for the pocket door encasement. Jim is hammering away at trim around the windows and I'm going out to work on severe cracks in the flooring before we poly next week. 

Here's the next quilt up on Bernie...

Dianes flannel beauty
Don't have a clue what I'm putting in here yet, but it's going to hang out for a while since I have a few deadlines I need to deal with on DW this week. 

I did get one more block done on the Cabin quilt last night after shutting down the long arm (around 7:00) and can maybe get another done later today. Happy Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Small Project

Polyurethaning the new floor is not a small project. The first coat went down Saturday; the second yesterday. It stinks very much bad in her...