Thursday, July 25, 2024

I Thought...

...yesterday was Thursday, but today feels like Wednesday. I finished the batik quilt for Pat and this is some of the quilting that went into it...

Letting me drive, not the computer
Susan Smith teaches, for a fee, a variety of free motion techniques to mimic computerization/digital quilting. I try to pick up as much as I can off her YouTube videos without having to pay for the class, but in all honesty, it would be cheaper to take her class then to have to buy a new tablet for my ProStitcher. Which, after the last quilt, is telling me it's time to replace. It is, after all, 11 years old. 

After I finished Pats batik quilt on DW, I moved over to Bernie to work on the Christmas Star quilt. Ummm...this is a puzzle. Here's why...

3D
All three of those inner layers are "popping up", meaning they aren't fastened down save for the seam at the cream backgrounds. If I quilt them down, it defeats the "popping up-ed-nesss". I've got most of the ditching done on the borders and will, while working the quilting in the borders, think about this some more. 

Actually, I thought about it all day yesterday. I researched on what to do about it. And honestly, I'm finding NOT A THING out there on how to handle this. I'm going to be the pioneer I guess. 

After I worked on both DW and Bernie, I moved over to Foster and did the first three Arcadia's on that quilt. I realized, when going out for a coffee break with the girls, my painters tape was coming off the trim in the old studio/new living room and decided I needed to get out there and get to painting. With all the humidity of late, it's a wonder it lasted this long. 

That took until nearly 8:00 so I was done working with fabric and thread for the day. Booo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loosing Leaves

We don't think we've had a frost yet. However, some of our Ash trees and the Dahlias are showing like we have. Even the Box Elder is...