Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Shopping Day

Today is supposed to be the day we run to Midland and get all the food/supplies for the reunion. It's pouring and it's supposed to do this most of today and tonight. Shopping may have to wait until tomorrow morning.

Here's some of the quilting that went into Dianes quilt...

Doing some echoing
The side pieces received echos while the center pieces received a cross hatch. This quilt is coming off the frame today after all the marks are removed.

Joyces quilt instructions were to "quilt the snot out of it with swirls". Here's what's going into her quilt...
The petals are receiving a different treatment
I'm about 1/3 of the way done with Joyces quilt and after working until well after 4:00 I started in on Foster and got two rows done on Twirly...
Can you even see anything?
Here's something new I tried yesterday; pre-wound bobbins. I had a box of cream colored bobbins I purchased eons ago and was waiting for the right backing to use them with. They are being used in Joyces quilt and I must say, a bit hit! 

I did have to do some tension adjustments in the bobbin case, but after getting that dialed down, it was pretty much smooth sailing from then on. I'm going to continue to test these out and I may be a convert. 

I worked on the sit-down machine after around 7:00. I got block 10 completed and am working on block 11. I'd love to take this machine with me and work on it while camping. Wouldn't that be fun?

I'll be knocking off work at the normal time tonight since I have a LOT of reunion stuff yet to do and tomorrow afternoon is pull-out day. The new owners said we can't check in until after 2:00. The old owners would let us check in even before noon if nobody was on our lot. So far new owners, 0, old owners, 1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loosing Leaves

We don't think we've had a frost yet. However, some of our Ash trees and the Dahlias are showing like we have. Even the Box Elder is...