Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Making The Most

Out of all the machines I have. Yesterday was another six machine kind of day. 

It started with finishing Ruths quilt on Bernie. I accomplished this right after lunch. DW was up next to work on Pats quilt. Here's some of the quilting going into that...

Each block is different
I have finished row one and will work this most of today. From DW I moved over to Foster to work the next row on Arcadia Avenue. My foot was getting tired so I shut off the big machines and moved over to the little ones.

On Ellie I finished all the little blocks in Charlottes quilt top and they are now ready to be put into their big block format. That would have taken too long so I changed gears and did some sit-down quilting on Jay. Whoops...only two sections to go on block 12 so I finished those out, trimmed the block, and then put blocks 7-12 together. 

Row 2. Blocks 7-12
I have so much fun doing these, but I'm not very good at it. Getting better with all the practice though.

I needed Mike to put these together since it's kind of a quilt-as-you-go situation and there are six layers that need to be joined. He has the best walking foot to aid in assembly.

We heard from the cruising kids yesterday off and on. They have set sail and are headed to Iceland. So excited for them! 

I have one customer coming with a friend later this morning to drop off and that's about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loosing Leaves

We don't think we've had a frost yet. However, some of our Ash trees and the Dahlias are showing like we have. Even the Box Elder is...