Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Making Up

I'm making up for the past two Fridays I took off I think. The Harley-Davidson quilt was finished yesterday morning and already picked up. Then I loaded this monster...

Huge T-shirt quilt
This received an edge-to-edge and an hour or so after Jim returned home from work for the day I was able to get it off the frame. This is what went into it...
Bubbles, bubbles
I, of course, being a Laker grad, had to select the GVSU t-shirt to capture the pic. I removed that from the frame and started frame ironing for the next quilt being worked today. Meanwhile, I pieced the first of 72 blocks going into Charlotte's quilt, only to find I undercut the amount of background fabric I need. More cutting ensued. 

Here's what I'll be working on today...

Lucy wanted to get in the pic too
Pat gave me the option on how to handle this top and I think if I custom quilt it the quilting will just get lost, so I'm going to give it an e2e with me driving. I'm tired of listening to the computer drive after yesterdays long day. 

IF I get time later today, I'll be working on this top on Bernie...

Looks simple enough, right?
All of these star points are 3D; meaning they pop off the fabric behind so to quilt them down would defeat the 3D intention. I'm still trying to work this in my head. The customer has called to inquire about what I decided to do and I had to be honest with her and tell her I still didn't have any idea. I'll be thinking about it more seriously while I'm quilting Pat's quilt today. Jim calls that windshield time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loosing Leaves

We don't think we've had a frost yet. However, some of our Ash trees and the Dahlias are showing like we have. Even the Box Elder is...