Saturday, September 7, 2024

Birthday Week

Hazels birthday was Thursday, Ben's was Friday. Don't know if we're going down to Lansing or if they are coming up here to celebrate. Or, if Ben is going golfing in which nobody is traveling.

Either way, Jim and I are getting ready to head out and get groceries. We would have did it last night but we spent the evening with our neighbors, who left early this morning.

Here's a little of what's going into the UofM quilt...

Block M
All colleges have their block letters and I set these into the setting triangles around the quilt. DW did some football quilting inside of the body, and as you can see, I'm piano keying (to mimic yard markers) on the borders. It's still not done. The time spent with the neighbors took me away from the quilting.

Here's a little of the border treatment going into Kathy's quilt...

While waiting for Joan to arrive
Joan called yesterday morning (she forgot yesterday was Friday) and picked up her shorted backing to add to it. She was here for a while as we needed to do some math and get her head into what she wanted back there. 

Okay, so I guess the kids aren't coming up here. Men don't communicate well. Jim texted instead of calling and Ben indicated they weren't coming up. So, are we supposed to come down? Is he even going to be there? Or, is he golfing? Then we tried to call and it went straight to voicemail. UGH! I'm a planner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

That Time of Year

About this time of year I start collecting fabric and patterns for quilts I'd like to make throughout the winter since I seldom go anywh...