Friday, September 13, 2024

More Wildlife

Last night it wasn't screaming (from the fox) but grunting. Probably from our resident bear. We think he was down eating apples at the Bellers'. 

Still no thread (of course there isn't, I just put the order in a few days ago) meaning no DW work yesterday.

What I am working on is Judy's Pickle Dish quilt...

Of course, yellow and blue are questionable in this house
Here's some more up-close pics...
Tula!!!!

Corner treatments
I'm going to do something with this quilt I rarely do. I'm going to turn it 90 degrees when the body is completed. Reload. And then do the borders all at once. It's gotta be easier than trying to match up the feathers as I'm progressing. 

There is a LOT of quilting detail going in here and I'm taking my time doing it. I love how this quilt is coming out and this is my happy place. 😃

After working on this quilt for the day, the hot temps outside just started zapping my energy. We did not turn on the air yesterday opting for keeping the house shut up instead. But when I went outside a few times (once to the neighbors to see what the cement truck was doing and again with the dogs), it started taking all my energy.

I didn't even feel like getting on Foster and working over there, so instead did my five bee blocks for the Bee Happy quilt. 

Bzzzzz
Bernadette is coming to pick up her UofM quilt later this morning and I'll be working on Judys Pickle Dish the rest of the day. Happy Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Moon

The moon is so cool. And viewing it over one of our great lakes as it rises for the night is even cooler.  Moon over Lake Huron I think this...